The Steel Jeep JK Swing Out Rear Tire Carrier from GenRight Off Road is sleek, simple, and durable.
It is designed to be completely independent of the rear bumper, and utilizes 4 urethane mounts for a rattle free ride. The swing out design makes opening and closing it effortless. When closed, the tire carrier is secured with two pins, which, if you choose, you can replace with a lockable hitch pin for extra security.
You could save 20 lbs. with the lightweight aluminum version (RTC3810). Reducing weight saves gas and improves handling off-road!
- Giant 1-3/4" diameter Steel tubing.
- 4 point mounting is rattle free.
- Works independent from the rear bumper.
- Swing out tube style design.
- Mounts to factory rear door hinges.
- 100% MIG welded
- Designed to hold up to a 42" tire.
- Fits any bolt pattern or wheel offset (not stock).
- Fits tighter to the rear tailgate than other swing out tire carriers.
- Improves departure angle.
- License plate re-location mount in center of tire carrier cage.
- Cover for factory license plate location.
- Pre-drilled for license plate and 3rd brake light wiring.
- Sold un-painted.
- Made in the USA!
- Sold un-painted. The finish can be left "natural", painted or powder coated.
- Requires drilling of six 1/4" holes on drivers side rear area by the tail light to mount the latch plate.
- Requires that the factory rear door hinges be removed so new GenRight pivot points installed (no new holes required) in place of the factory hinge piece.
- If using the factory style tail lights, the tire carrier brackets may have to be modified to clear (simple trim to clear).
- Each tire carrier is drilled and threaded with a fish wire to pull wires through the tubes of the tire carrier.
- This carrier relocates the licence plate from the side to the rear. It is necessary to have a license plate light (and 3rd brake light). Please use our LED-1650.
- Add the Stop-Lock (RTC-3890) at time of purchase and pay only $99.99 (normally $120).
- This tire carrier is also available in a lightweight & rust proof Aluminum version (RTC-3810).
- We offer Hi-Lift Jack mounts for this tire carrier (BCL-3520).
- We offer a custom made bag for the center of this tire carrier for for easy access to your trail essentials! Use the (ARTC-BAG1) to hold your tow strap & gloves.
- You can lock this Tire Carrier by replacing one or both of the supplied closure pins with a locking hitch pin.