TJ DeFender XC Solid Inner Fender Kit for Jeep Wrangler TJ 1997-2006. When installing Poison Spyder DeFender XC's, the Inner Fender kit provides splash protection to the engine compartment as well as a place to mount under-hood accessories. Each inner fender is a 3-piece bolt-together assembly, made of CNC laser cut aluminum sheet. Please note that no accessory mounting holes or brackets are provided, as each installation is left to the discretion of the installer to decide where to mount components.
Most stock inner fender-mounted components can be re-mounted to the DeFender XC Inner Fenders by simply drilling a hole and/or fabricating a simple bracket. Unfortunately, we have not yet found an elegant solution for retaining the stock air box, so an aftermarket air intake or open air filter element (such as a K&N conical filter) is recommended. It may be possible to retain and re-use the stock inner fenders, for those who wish to do so and save some money. That's why the Inner Fender kit is sold separately. However we do not provide instructions for retaining the stock inner fenders it would be up to the installer to figure out how best to do that.
- Provides for a complete bolt-in DeFender installation, without the need to retain and cut the stock inner fenders
- CNC laser cut from light-weight, corrosion resistant aluminum
- 3-piece design is easy to install even if DeFenders are already in place
- Stainless steel button-head hardware included
- Installer must figure out relocation of inner-fender-mounted accessories
This product ships as bare aluminumyou may want to have it painted or powder coated prior to final installation. We do not offer a powder coat option for this item.